Bishkek, Feb. 22, 2018 / Kabar /. An electric shield has caught fire in the Naristeler үiү kindergarden in Tokmok town, the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Kyrgyz Republic (MES) reported.
The fire occurred yesterday at 2:22 p.m. The cause of the accident was non-compliance with fire safety rules when working with electrical appliances. Firefighters and educators evacuated 14 children, none of them suffered. The fire was completely extinguished at 2:59 p.m.
Since the beginning of 2018 over 500 fire cases have been registered in Kyrgyzstan where more than 13 people died and there are children among them. The MES emphasizes that 72% of the total number of fire accidents occurred in households. Most frequent causes of fires were violations of the norms for operation of electrical equipment and carelessness in fire furnace.